Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Return of the Beast


Image credit
For some years, it was quiet here. I didn't express the inside, because the internal war moved to the outside world. Years of struggles, trying to recover, thinking the wounds were healed, and finally finding out that the enemy, the rebellion, the soldier, the wounded, the dreamer, the mind and the soul are still fighting inside. We need a truce, I need a truce. I'm very exhausted, the defence walls are getting higher and higher no matter how I try to demolish them. They surround me and take me to a deep darker place, and the distance to the outside world is growing. Drowning and trying to find the light again, trying to connect with the outside, trying to take my breath and still feeling lost. Please tell me that I'll be ok, please hug my fears, hug my wounds, hug my tears and hug me. Make me feel safe, help me, the Beast is back. And this time I’m stronger than before but he’s stronger than me.

Mena M. Eissa

No comments:

Trapped!

I feel trapped and lonely. Lonely inside myself, like it’s never ending. I know that nothing is forever lasting, this gives hope to my mind...