Monday, December 31, 2007

Slaves


I didn't know I was a slave until I found out I couldn't do the things I wanted.”, Frederick Douglass
Sometimes we love or fear people and things to the extent that we let them control us and rule our lives. To a certain degree this might be acceptable because I think we should be living for others not only for ourselves, but at some point in time we should stop to think and re-evaluate because sometimes we forget ourselves and our rights to live our own life and enjoy it. We sometimes allow these things and beloved ones to drive us blindly… we help them abuse us… we enslave ourselves… and become Slaves with our own will… and we convince ourselves that this is the right thing to do. Now… it is time to wake up… to break the chains… to fight for freedom… it is time to say “NO”… it is time to make them hear it and accept it.
The moment the slave resolves that he will no longer be a slave, his fetters fall. Freedom and slavery are mental states.”, Mahatma Gandhi

Mena Mostafa

4 comments:

Ahmed Kamal said...

“Where there is love there is life.”, Mahatma Gandhi

Love isn’t slavery. When you give the beloved you do it for no return and without asking. The heart of freedom is giving everything for nothing.

“Life isn't worth living, unless it is lived for someone else.”, Albert Einstein

Mena M. Eissa said...

Welcome back :) It really makes a difference to hear your voice of wisdom again. My thoughts were missing its light.

Ahmed Kamal said...

Anything can happen in the dawn of a new year :)

Thanks ..

Mena M. Eissa said...

This is the best thing that happened to me till now. Wish every dawn is the new year’s ;)

Trapped!

I feel trapped and lonely. Lonely inside myself, like it’s never ending. I know that nothing is forever lasting, this gives hope to my mind...