Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Iceberg


It isn’t about assumptions nor understanding… it is about diving… or maybe exploring with different tools… or wearing the correct glasses… I am not sure whether it was due to my kindness… or to my ignorance… but for sure it was to my surprise that I started seeing the other face of the truth… or maybe the lie that has been hiding for a while under the calm surface… reflecting the nice rays of the worming sun… Unfortunately what we hide is much more than what we let the outside world see… and judge… but it is not only hiding… it is lying… I am not sure why people behave differently than what they believe in… or don’t they believe in what they say?! Or maybe the problem is with me… I can only see the clear side… the shining one… while colliding silently with the underwater part… the major and real part of the Iceberg.

Mena Mostafa

3 comments:

Ahmed Kamal said...

I think the complete transparency does not exist. You must hide some parts of yourself. You cannot expose all what you know about yourself. You cannot always be all what you believe in, say, and pretend. You cannot be yourself to everybody.

There is nothing similar to iceberg more than a human being. And you should expect it.

Fady Sedrak said...

I found this two days ago, I though I would share it with you.

"... we are all wandering through life like tin cans with no labels. We all look the same to a lesser or a greater extent. In case of the cans, we are the same hieghts the same dimensions, there are no distinguishing features. We make assumptions about each other - I have feelings you have feelings, what's inside me is what's inside you. We're just the same. I treat you as I treat myself. As I'm mushy peas inside my tin, I like to be put on a low heat cooked gently for five minutes. You look the same so you must be mushy peas too, I'll put on a low heat cook you gently for five minutes. That's fine, unless inside your tin happen to be fruit cocktail and were hoping for a couple of scoops of ice cream. By cooking you slow on a low heat, I have just ruined your life." by Shay McConnon

So, what do you think?

Unknown said...

I think that in some cases the situation not only about iceberg but also about black Chimney where all of it falls under the sea surface and nothing appear over the surface of the sea although it is boiling under the surface. This is more dangerous than the icebergs where all the talk are big lies.

Trapped!

I feel trapped and lonely. Lonely inside myself, like it’s never ending. I know that nothing is forever lasting, this gives hope to my mind...