Sunday, January 16, 2011

Pyramid


It took years and years to build the Pyramids… it took the effort of many people and robbed the lives of many others… Workers who participated in this great state of the art eternal structure may have not been aware of what it will be in the future, they gave their lives to it or maybe they were forced to… Anyways, we don’t know any of them now, we just know what they did… I keep asking myself about those who died without seeing the end result of their efforts… Did they succeed? Did they fail? Should they have done what they have done? Who gets the credit for this effort? Who remembers any of them? Many people in our contemporary life strive to do good things… they don’t chase fame… they just seek their right of seeing, feeling and enjoying the outcome of their efforts… Contemplating the Pyramids they gave their lives for… I keep putting a brick over another… years have passed… I am not sure whether I am working on the right pyramid or not… and I am not sure I will live to see the results of my work… Though… I keep carrying bricks… hoping one day there will be a Pyramid!

Mena Mostafa

2 comments:

Vanessa Ekeke said...

Beautiful write up! i love the rythm

Noa said...

Nice! I liked the analogy. I believe that you will be able to see your things even if they won't be finished. You should keep looking in the full glass and feel proud on what you already achieved instead of being worried about the long terms goals. Hold for a minutes and appreciate what you have done so far.
דם תבורי

Trapped!

I feel trapped and lonely. Lonely inside myself, like it’s never ending. I know that nothing is forever lasting, this gives hope to my mind...