Tuesday, December 07, 2010

The Real Friend


There was a time when I thought I had friends… real friends… and now, I feel very lonely again… with no one around but sad feelings and lost thoughts about a life I “still” can’t live… and I “still” imagine I can have… I struggle every day thinking that the people I am striving to keep happy appreciate this… actually, no body appreciates anything… and the people we meet today are meant to leave tomorrow… it’s not only a matter of trust, it’s much more than this… I look at people’s eyes in a very strange way nowadays… and I try to send them messages saying that we’re not meant to know each other for more than a specified period of time… I can’t imagine where I’ll be in the next couple of years, I can’t even visualize my tomorrow… all what I know is that people I meet today won’t be here tomorrow… I keep looking around for unknown persons thinking they will be different while knowing they won’t! I started believing that my sole friend… The Real Friend should be me!

Mena Mostafa

7 comments:

Ramy Nabil said...

The Real Friend should be me!
Like this :-)

Mohammed ElSayed said...

"and I try to send them messages saying that we’re not meant to know each other for more than a specified period of time"

Correct, but people will always be PEOPLE.
Once in a while you gonna find this REAL friend, or who seems to be, but this REAL that you are waiting for will not come to you unless you become his/her REAL too.

Think about those who used to be beside you, used to give you feedback, and now they are away.

Think about your entire life, about everyone that used to hate/like/ignore/need you, and look of what you did in order to keep, or to let this friend slip away and you gonna know who is faking it, and who used to be a REAL friend.

Soha AbdElGalil said...

Dear Menna i'm trying to follow ur posts from quite a period of time but i'm touched by this post now.You can't imagine that everyday i try to write to you but u know that life whirlpool,Menna i think u have friends more than u can expect or let me say people that loves u..but as u know friendship needs 3 thing if more OK fine: Time effort and money..i'm talking now about effort that requires energy..for myself i need to blug an rechargeable energizer :) to get energy just to keep my beloved friends! really i miss u and i want to keep in touch.. well.. i'll try to fetch for the energyzer batteries :) Yours Soha Faculty collegue but younger by a year ;)

Mena M. Eissa said...

Soha, you know you are more than welcome all the time, we're still friends :) and I love you :)

Glittz said...

I like this phrase......now i know the only one you can trust is your self only!!!............


"The Real Friend should be me!!!"

can we be friend??....

Anonymous said...

"The Real Friend should be me!" I like it. Sometime, i also can feel that the one can provide helps is myself.Especially in an unfamiliar environment, like study aboard, i must rely on my own.

Mena M. Eissa said...

@xuechen Li thx, nice to meet u :)

Trapped!

I feel trapped and lonely. Lonely inside myself, like it’s never ending. I know that nothing is forever lasting, this gives hope to my mind...