Saturday, June 07, 2008

The Moon


I used to enjoy its tender light at night… and I loved staring at it for long times… wishing I can be there… Some time later, I heard that its light was just a reflection of the Sun’s light… but deep inside it is… obscure… and cold… I won’t say I was shocked… by all means I was never really going to be there… or even get nearer… but knowing this broke a part of myself… the dreaming and hoping one… I lost one of my dreams… or actually I found out it was a fake one… at first I thought it was hard to fulfill, but now I knew it was non-sense… Sometimes we leave ourselves to dreams thinking we can make them true… but in reality, we are running away from our nightmares… The Moon is far because we should only watch it… so… we should not seek reaching it… we belong to earth!

Mena Mostafa

8 comments:

Ahmed Kamal said...

I heard some people made it to the moon already. And guess what? When they saw the earth from out there, they found the earth is really much beautiful than the moon is!

Colourless_Turtle said...

Don't Let anyone Spoil your "DREAM", by just defining the ,moon in other way, that was in UR Dream was UR Moon, and Not Anyone else's ... SO keep Staring to it, and just enjoy

Fatma Ali said...

reaching the moon is not impossible .. it's just very expensive. does it worth it? i don't really think so.

Mohamed Al-Khazendar said...

while reading your post, I remembered Salah Gahin's robaaya:

أنا اللي بالأمر المحال اغتوى
شفت القمر نطيت لفوق ف الهوا
طلته ما طلتوش إيه انا يهمنى
وليه ما دام بالنشوة قلبي ارتوى
عجبى

Fady Sedrak said...

Maybe you should follow the moonlight, it maynot be real as you said but it is your dream, it will lead to your destiny.

Maybe you are disappointed because you were dreaming alone. You should dream with people you love, this how you can reach reality ... your dream.

hOSAM said...

In case you change your mind and really want to go there, I have some contacts in NASA. hope that'd help.

Ayat Elshami said...

Menna... what did your close culture taught you to see the moon? a rabbit or a human face?

Mena M. Eissa said...

Neither, is this good or bad?!

Trapped!

I feel trapped and lonely. Lonely inside myself, like it’s never ending. I know that nothing is forever lasting, this gives hope to my mind...