Saturday, June 21, 2008

“Le Coquillage”


I was always wondering about the mystery of the old shell… Always acting as the peaceful cover… embracing the words and secrets of others… of the sea visitors… constantly welcoming and encouraging them to tell it what they might never tell others… It was the un-talkative listener… Inside which there were many unsaid words… waiting for the time… the time it will be opened to reveal its own secrets… I tried many times to put it on my ear to hear anything, but it kept protecting the secrets and the only thing I heard was the sound of the sea… though I always respected it and its silence… Even when it is suffering, its tears become pearls. When I was asked, I didn’t know the answer, I just knew it was… “Le Coquillage*”.

*Coquillage (French): Sea-shell

Mena Mostafa

No comments:

Trapped!

I feel trapped and lonely. Lonely inside myself, like it’s never ending. I know that nothing is forever lasting, this gives hope to my mind...