Saturday, June 21, 2008

My Tomorrows


One day I forgot my name for a second… and in this second, I had many chaotic feelings summing up to this one thing… I felt that I wasn’t living anymore… Suddenly I discovered that I don’t know what I will be doing tomorrow… or why in the first place I have to wake up in the morning to see another day… and to live it… this feeling is harder on me than forgetting my name… it isn’t a second any more… it is a complete day… a lifetime… Although I am conscious and I am fully aware of myself while writing these lines, I really don’t know how I will be passing the next day… I usually have something for tomorrow… but today I feel I have no tomorrow to wait for… My Tomorrows were killed by my Yesterdays.

"Tomorrow is nothing, today is too late; the good lived yesterday", Marcus Aurelius

Mena Mostafa

5 comments:

Ayat Elshami said...

You've got to see te expression on my face when people ask me about my name.... I just give a blank look trying hard to focus and reply.... Sure I remember my name, don't I? But sometimes it's really weird. It's not a question I can answer immediately... It takes conscious effort to focus what my name is :D

Anyways, who cares what their own name is? I don't need my name, and you don't need yours. It's only others who need our names to call us with.. but you're not gonna say "Menna.. Menna... Menna" and course I'm not gonna talk to myself using my first name ;)

And by the way, whether you wait for it or not, tomorrow always knows it's way to you.. and your not awaiting won't make it put off its visit till another day.

Fady Sedrak said...

Smile because tomorrow is always worse :)

hOSAM said...

I had the pleasure of witnessing this moment when you sincerly asked me: "howa ana esmy eih?"
Forget anything that people wil tell you... that was SHOCKING :D:D

Ahmed Kamal said...

Believe me this is nothing compared to the horrible moment when I forgot the name of my manager’s manager! I stared at him in the middle of my speech and kept saying “this is confirmed ya .. ya .. ya ..” then I suddenly asked the audience: “any questions?”

Fatma Ali said...

well, i saw ahmed badr in the elevator today ... he smiled in a very friendly way and said "ezayek ya fatma" .. i said "hi karam". 2 seconds later mohamed karam said "ezayek ya fatma" i smiled and replied "hi yasser" ... now the question is WHO IS YASSER!!!

Trapped!

I feel trapped and lonely. Lonely inside myself, like it’s never ending. I know that nothing is forever lasting, this gives hope to my mind...