Sunday, April 19, 2009

Catalyst


By definition, it’s “a substance that speeds up a chemical reaction, but is not consumed by the reaction; hence it can be recovered unchanged at the end of the reaction it has been used to speed up, or catalyze”. I keep feeling like a substance that speeds up “live” reactions while not consumed by them… but I don’t remain unchanged… every time I catalyze something, I feel that I lose a part of myself while becoming… stronger… I lose the soft part of myself and I start to speed up other reactions for other people… and after too many reactions… I became consumed and I started to realize the real meaning of being a Catalyst… it is not being or becoming something yourself or for yourself… it is being there for a purpose that most probably you won’t be able to recognize or understand before some time… all you can know is that you should be there at the specified moment to speed up some “reaction”… we don’t choose to be this substance… rather… we’re chosen to be.

Mena Mostafa

1 comment:

BLUE said...

well...i believe this is one of the best blogs you have written... :)

Trapped!

I feel trapped and lonely. Lonely inside myself, like it’s never ending. I know that nothing is forever lasting, this gives hope to my mind...