Friday, September 28, 2007

The Trip (1)


It’s very noisy… lots of voices, many voices… cries… No, not cries, only one cry and laughs, many laughs and a smile or two. Many eyes looking at it… many faces staring at it, and… two faces looking at it and at each other and smiling with happiness.

“It’s very nice”… “Oh my God! I can’t believe it, after all these months!”… “Congratulations”… “Let’s name it…”
All these eyes and faces were looking and staring at… me. “Menna”…
Yes… I was born. “What a little name for a little creature! This is my name, the only thing accompanying me as long as I exist. Anyways, it is nice and simple, I like it… Menna” I am now accompanied by the name and… the voices, the many voices, mine and theirs… Seems this how creatures communicate in this world. I was the only cry at this time, and they were the many laughs for the first baby in this family’s new generation.
The Trip started… The Trip with the name and… the voices…

To be continued…

Mena Mostafa

2 comments:

Scorpion said...

Why here specifically you use "Menna" not "Mena"?!!

Mena M. Eissa said...

Coz this is how my name should be written!!

Trapped!

I feel trapped and lonely. Lonely inside myself, like it’s never ending. I know that nothing is forever lasting, this gives hope to my mind...