Monday, September 03, 2007

Waiting…


Passed the door… stood up watching… watching people… travelers arriving and leaving… continuous motion and… I stand still, just watching. I am not sure whether my train is late or it is me who arrived before time. Have I just passed the door of an arriving train, or passed the station door to take a train, but… I am here.

A whistle… a train… is this my train? My legs don’t move, can’t move… Should I be there? A second whistle… “Wait…”, my screaming voice was lost in the crowd… and the train left… left without me.

When will the next train arrive? How will it look like? Will it have a place for me? Should I wait for it? Should I be on its board? Or should I leave the station? What is behind the gates?

I am tired… tired of thinking… of dreaming… of waiting… Waiting for the next train… the train which may never come… Waiting for my dreams to come true… Waiting for tomorrow to wait for the day after…

Mena Mostafa

1 comment:

Ahmed Kamal said...

Nothing wrong with waiting.

Those in the station are waiting for the train. And those in the train are waiting for the station.

The thing is you have to decide your destination first, or your train will never come.

Trapped!

I feel trapped and lonely. Lonely inside myself, like it’s never ending. I know that nothing is forever lasting, this gives hope to my mind...