Saturday, September 29, 2007

The Trip (3)


Please read “The Trip (1)” & “The Trip (2)” first

The same noise… the many voices, and the cries… some emotions and… a smile. Many eyes looking at, and many faces staring at… me. Some of the eyes and some the faces didn’t change… Yes, the scene is the same, with some differences… Many murmurs… emotions are now expressed in whispers with some silent tears. I can hear some steps, many steps… A movement, everyone is moving… except… me … “We will miss her”… “She will leave a space”…
The voices and the faces were there from the beginning, it was the film strip of my life being reviewed in my memory. Flashes of many events, memories, emotions and voices… The voices which are fading out now… and the emotions which can’t be felt any more… My name does no more exist… as I, myself do no more exist in this world! Only the cold smile on my face is still here.
Is this is the end of The Trip… my life trip… or the start of the real trip… The Trip I should have prepared for a while ago…

Mena Mostafa

4 comments:

Fady Sedrak said...

Cries at the beginning ... cries at the end.

Voices at the beginning … whispers at the end.

Same people are gathered around waiting for the moment … Life is pleasant, death is peaceful... the transition is somehow the hard part. If you spend your life thinking about dying you are not going to live. Always remember that there is always sunshine after the sunset.

Scorpion said...

No comment!!

Scorpion said...

No comment!!

Ahmed Kamal said...

You are right. There is obvious analogy between birth and death.

When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Throughout the trip make sure to live your life in such a manner that when you die the world cries and you rejoice.

Trapped!

I feel trapped and lonely. Lonely inside myself, like it’s never ending. I know that nothing is forever lasting, this gives hope to my mind...