Friday, November 02, 2007

The Door


I’ve been in this place before… I was walking in the same corridor… the corridor ending with The DoorThe Door I was heading to… This time, something was different, maybe the form of The Door, maybe its color… maybe it’s just the elapsed time, it’s been a while since I was here… since I saw it… or maybe it was me… or my look… I don’t know. I used to be happy when approaching The Door… this time I am not, rather… I feel anxiety… The corridor looked longer… it looked endless… or maybe my steps were not fast as usual… maybe they were scared… scared of the unknown… of what’s behind The Door… This time I feel like a stranger… I am not sure to where I belong… to what’s behind The Door… or to where I am coming from… I am trying not to look back… The Door is approaching… I am almost there.

Mena Mostafa

4 comments:

Fady Sedrak said...

Please don't look back in regret or forward in fear. Only when you are no longer afraid, you will be able to continue your journey. I think what was behind the door will be as it used to be but it seems different because it is not the same side of the door anymore. It will be easier to stay out of the door than to get out through it. You shouldn't be afraid of the door, you have seen yesterday and you are living today.

I think you may not have gone where you intended to go, but I think you have ended up where you needed to be. They say "The way to do be nothing is to do nothing". You should open the door to the other side ... to the "Planet Outside".

hOSAM said...

be carefull what you call 'The Door'. It might be just an exit thing :D

Unknown said...

nothing is perfect in life. Every one can see same door with different painting colours. Some of them are bright and others are dark.
all doors are sharing this type of painting mixture. What makes difference between doors the person who is looking to.
your spirit while opening the door should be sharpened by your previous trials. I belive you have a very good chance to open the door this time with confidence. because you knew what was going on the other side of this door .
Never regret opening and closing your life doors :)

Ahmed Kamal said...

Don't shake!

I remember the story when the professor said: "When you strike out along your path, you will find a door with a phrase written upon it. Come back to me, and tell me what the phrase says". The student gives himself to the search, body and soul, and one day comes upon the door, and then returns to his professor. He said: "What was written there was 'THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE'". "Was that written on a wall or on a door?" the professor asks. The student answered: "On a door". "Well, then, put your hand on the doorknob and open it". The student obeyed.

Since the phrase was painted with the door, it gave way just as the door itself did. With the door completely open, he could no longer see the phrase. And he went on.

Trapped!

I feel trapped and lonely. Lonely inside myself, like it’s never ending. I know that nothing is forever lasting, this gives hope to my mind...