Friday, November 09, 2007

The Storm


It was quite, very quite and tranquil… all thoughts were resting… all feelings were sleeping… calmness was controlling… and peace was governing everything… Suddenly, the scene changed… everything turned up-side-down… because it woke up… The Storm roused … The fight between thoughts and feelings began… the struggle between the mind and the heart started... and I… was watching… in the middle of this, I was observing… I didn’t know which side to take… I didn’t know which was the shield that will protect me… I didn’t know where the shelter was… It was hard to identify… and difficult to decide… specially that it became dark and gloomy… I wasn’t sure I can see well any more… Voices of the heart became louder… and calls of the mind became lower, they can be barely heard… I closed my eyes… and my feet followed my heart… Light started to be felt again… I opened my eyes… Then quietness and silence dominated again.

Mena Mostafa

2 comments:

hOSAM said...

People think that sometimes a genuine moment in which one does what his heart tells worths sacrificing his own precious life. That's why sometimes we do something just for the joy of the moment, sometimes we regret, some others we don't. It's how this life we're living is FAIR as I believe.

Princess Diana once said only do what your heart tells you. I am personally not a big fan of Diana.

Fady Sedrak said...

It is the ultimate sruggle between mind and heart ... what we need and what we like ... what we should have and what we wish to have ... what people tell us to do and what we tell ourself to do.

A ship is safe in the harbor, but that is not what ships are for. You shouldn't be afraid of the storm, you still learning how to sail. The struggle between the mind and the heart will last for ever. Only a clever captain can bring his ship to the shore. You should know your destination ... your shore. You will never change the wind, just keep sailing your ship and wait for the calm after the strom.

Trapped!

I feel trapped and lonely. Lonely inside myself, like it’s never ending. I know that nothing is forever lasting, this gives hope to my mind...