Wednesday, November 07, 2007

The Rock


Hard… mysterious… closed… sharp… lonely… and silent… enduring rain… wind… coldness… heat… changes… and kicks… it always tolerates, and lets pass… it forgets and stands as usual… but its shape and surface form changed… Events left their traces engraved on the solid rock… or The Rock which is perceived to be solid… With each kick, The Rock loses a part of itself, changes its shape to adapt to changes or to fit in the new place it reached… With every kick, The Rock might break into smaller rocks… but it becomes… harder… it becomes… The Rock… It is difficult to explore it… we can never see it from inside… as if we do, there will be no rock… but I know that deep deep inside… the real softness resides… resides shielded by the hard exterior protecting the weak softness that can’t face the world… the pitiless cruel world.
Sometimes I wish I were The Rock you think I am… but I am not!


Mena Mostafa

3 comments:

hOSAM said...

Common, you are the rock!

Me said...

This is a very nice post. It touches something inside me, It brings some memories back to my mind, and reminds me of some people I cannot forget. ohh, years now have passed, and I still remember.

This post reminds me of Sean Connery and Nicolas Cage, the 2 stars of The Rock film. The Rock was among the best films I have ever seen. Years now have passed since I first saw this film, but once I saw the title of the post all those memories came back to me.

Thank you Menna for this wonderful post.

Unknown said...

we do stand like a rock with our believes and values, and how we want to shape our personalities :)

Trapped!

I feel trapped and lonely. Lonely inside myself, like it’s never ending. I know that nothing is forever lasting, this gives hope to my mind...