Friday, March 07, 2008

Feather


The wind was so nice… maybe this was the only nice thing with me this day… I was falling… very fast… the wind was carrying me from a place to another… I couldn’t stay in any of these places for a long time… I always felt like a stranger… Even the places and the people treated me as one… because I was only a Feather… they knew I was supposed to fly again soon… or to be precise… to continue the fall… on my way down… People like colored feathers… but I wasn’t one… I was detached from a bird… and they couldn’t feel my absence because I was one of many other colorless feathers… and I meant nothing without them. I wished I could reach the ground soon… the ground which seemed to be very far away… The soft wind held me till I reached it after my very exhausting trip… And I am now resting… motionless… waiting fearlessly for feet to pass over me… to crush me!

Mena Mostafa

4 comments:

hOSAM said...

you might be wrong, you did not reach the ground yet.. sometimes feathers stand still in the midst of the wind for a moment..
don't worry, you will go faster now!!!

Mena M. Eissa said...

Maybe I will be crushed on the first floor, then I will continue the fall after being thrown from a window. In this case, it'll really be faster, specially that I'll be pieces!!

hOSAM said...

you need to be assured, statistics say that only one feather peice is going down out of its counterparts, the rest keep flying..
only problem with these statistics is they don't acknowledge the fact that rest of peices will fall down down next day :D

Mena M. Eissa said...

Interesting!! And when does the whole bird go down?!

Trapped!

I feel trapped and lonely. Lonely inside myself, like it’s never ending. I know that nothing is forever lasting, this gives hope to my mind...