Tuesday, March 04, 2008

The Island


Boats coming… and boats leaving… carrying lots of people… I didn’t have the chance to talk to any of them although I heard them all… They didn’t know I really existed, but they used to visit me like the waves of the sea… My being means nothing without these visitors… My shores are used to welcome the new faces every day without getting bored… Even my jots of sand feel happy when they see them coming… But with all these visitors, I still feel loneliness, because they always treat me and think about me as The Island… They don’t try to talk to me as they do with each other… they don’t try to know me as I knew each of them… Even fishes, they surround me… visit me… but they also never tried to know me… to talk to me… At the end, boats leave and fishes too… and I am left in the sea with its soft waves caressing my shores.

Mena Mostafa

5 comments:

hOSAM said...

i think i know what you're talking about... Australia??

Mena M. Eissa said...

How did you know!!

Me said...

besm Allah Al ra7man Al ra7eem
el egaba Tunis :-)

No seriously, I like this post a lot.

Good work Menna.

Scorpion said...

this blog reminds me with the movie 'Aljazeera' for the super star Ahmed Elsakka, I liked it so much

Mena M. Eissa said...

Howwa kaman beyeshkor feek awy :P

Trapped!

I feel trapped and lonely. Lonely inside myself, like it’s never ending. I know that nothing is forever lasting, this gives hope to my mind...