Friday, August 08, 2008

Today


Usually I don’t care about days or dates any more… but I found that Today’s name is a very remarkable one… it’s the 8th day of the 8th month of the 8th year after the 2000 years from which people started giving high importance to their history and keeping track of their days by giving them names and counting them… in addition, my blogging habit started near this day a year ago… As all days… it is a very normal one… it was born some hours ago and will soon die after some other hours… yes, it is really short, just as our lives… Again it is just Today’s name that is giving it the value to be written about… Many many days ago… when I was a kid… I hoped to be the thing I am now… and I strived to achieve this… and thanks God I am here now… When we imagine things and plan for them, we usually plan for how we will become… but we don’t think about how the people or things surrounding us will be at that moment… Today… I can still imagine my future and plan for it… but I can’t see any more where I will be… I try to imagine the surroundings… because they are the real future life that should be planned for.

Mena Mostafa

3 comments:

Fatma Ali said...

and i'm , accidentally, sending this comment on 8/8/08 at 8:08:08 :P

Ahmed Kamal said...

And tomorrow will be 8/8 hijri as well :) so what?

Like now last year you were sinking in GJ! I think it's somehow getting better all the time, eh?

Happy new year for planet inside. I hope you found the way, got outside the box, and know what is the time :)

hOSAM said...

Are we really planning for for our own future?? We do, but not in the "planning" sense. One would call them, "procedures, principles to abide by".

Being passionate about your profession(s), them being planned or accidental is really what matters. Put unplanned events as the actual salt and pepper of your plans.

Remember goo' ol' gov' boys who used to change network architectures for politics? they called it dangerous, but that did not spoil any good chinese plan for beijing.

Trapped!

I feel trapped and lonely. Lonely inside myself, like it’s never ending. I know that nothing is forever lasting, this gives hope to my mind...