Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Scars


Some people lived for many years, and still they are not mature enough to understand and judge situations as they should and they do not act wisely… others lived much less, but they have the wisdom of senates… Real age is not measured by the number of years we live… it is measured by the number of hard situations we face… the actions we take… and the Scars carved on our memories and lives by the hard times… The traces of these wounds reflect our real age and experience… these traces are our life… they are the real “us”… Unfortunately the process of “real” learning is very expensive, specially when it comes to the science of life… it takes courage… because its lessons are always hard to understand… and the traces they leave on our personalities are deep enough to remain forever.
"Our Scars have the power to remind us that our past was real", Hannibal Lecter, "
Red Dragon".

Mena Mostafa

2 comments:

hOSAM said...

the "process" of real learning reminds me of CMM. I think we r all missing "the process of “real” learning "

When i say PROCESS, you need to rakkez awy; otherwise you'll get NCs, which is bad.

Finally, "I never said so".

Fady Sedrak said...

Actually, you are right the number of scars we have determine our age. Age is only a number. Even they are scars they strengthen us. I remember a saying "it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."

Trapped!

I feel trapped and lonely. Lonely inside myself, like it’s never ending. I know that nothing is forever lasting, this gives hope to my mind...