Friday, January 23, 2009

Stranger


I don’t know what to call this state… I am here… but I feel as if I don’t exist… I hear people… but I don’t understand them… I touch things… but I don’t feel them… I eat food… but I don’t taste it… I can’t stay awake… and I don’t sleep… I am home and I feel that I want to go home… People talk to me… and I don’t know what they want to say… I can’t be like others and I can’t make them understand me… I can’t adapt to their way of living… and I can’t leave them… I am somehow bound to this place although I don’t belong to it… I believe in things others ignore… I perceive things other can’t see… I value habits others despise… I can’t see the exit sign… and I can’t stay either… I am looping in my mind… living in my dreams… running from my life… and… trying to convince myself that I am a Stranger in this world… maybe this is how I can survive!

Mena Mostafa

2 comments:

Happy said...

Yes.. You are not the only stranger in this world.. But you are not alone :)
Don't think about how others want you to be.. Just think on who you wanna be :)
Good luck in your self-exploration :)

hOSAM said...

You are running too fast on the runway, that makes one see the same thing going much faster; accordingly you don't perceive things which others can't, you might perceive them earlier. nothing to be proud of anyway :D

Trapped!

I feel trapped and lonely. Lonely inside myself, like it’s never ending. I know that nothing is forever lasting, this gives hope to my mind...