Saturday, October 06, 2007

The Place


Step after the other… Looking at my moving feet… I am walking… circulating in The PlaceThe Place where I used to be… Everything has changed… well, not really changed, but not the same, floor and walls are the same, colors are the same, odors are the same, but… The Place is different… people I used to see are absent, laughs I used to hear disappeared… warmth I used to feel is cold… The spirit was missing… We are here, but we are not together, I can’t feel your presence, neither you can feel mine, we can see each other, but we can hardly notice ourselves, we can hear, but we do not listen… The Place became stony, we became stony… The Place lost its taste, it lost its colors. The Place is full with its emptiness.
The Place is You, The Place is Me, The Place is Us… And we are not the same anymore, we are strangers in The Place… The dead place.

Mena Mostafa

7 comments:

Unknown said...

You and only 'you' can fill that empty place.People are not strangers unless you want them to be strangers, by ignoring them and being a green head with a clock beside it :)
Fill your inner self with peace and laughter (though you might be called a child)and you will see the difference through your eyes and inside "THE PLACE". :)

It is not be your fault if people are the one who give the cold shoulder ,but show them otherwise !

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mena M. Eissa said...

Being away doesn't mean that I ignore people, but being Invisible means I don't respect poeple.

Unknown said...

Im sad to see you took the comment as a rude comment.Excuse me for that , it will not happen again.
Invisible is just a name or a describing word like any other.

Mena M. Eissa said...

Please accept my apology for being aggressive, I really welcome you on my Planet and I like you to share in it but it frustrates me not to know whom I am talking to.

Fady Sedrak said...

I have been there ... It is the place where we all have been and we have never met each other there ... It is cold there .. perhaps you are alone there .. Is it your planet inside? .. maybe your not alone there .. you can meet all your masks .. but still feeling lonely .. maybe you should get out of the box .. may be you should start building bridges instead of building walls .. don't be afraid to cross the bridge to the other side .. maybe we can meet there in the "Planet Outside"

Ahmed Kamal said...

The place has never been the same. It keeps changing all of the time. But we don’t notice that. We record the changes. We notice the differences. But we keep one image for the place. It is the image of a moment. The moment when we feel every single detail. Because we really lived that special moment. That moment is what the place is all about. We try to freeze the moment by recording everything in an image and refer any changes to that image. While time passes, feelings change, and we change, the image remains the same. When we try to bring back that image we actually are trying to recover a lost moment. A very special moment. A moment that maybe has never been lived. When we miss the moment, we get lost in the place.

Trapped!

I feel trapped and lonely. Lonely inside myself, like it’s never ending. I know that nothing is forever lasting, this gives hope to my mind...