Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The Ring


My eyes were following the hands of the clock moving slowly, so slowly… I was counting seconds… thousands of seconds… 3 days passed now… it is not a long duration to wait, but… the number of seconds is scaring. I almost studied the shape of every key and the form of every number on each of the keys… I can close my eyes and still see the small keypad… I memorized it while waiting for The Ring… the phone ring of the call… the call that was occupying my thinking lately… I am not sure how long this thought has been dominating my mind, but I know the number of seconds I was waiting, and I am still counting… Finally… a ring…“Hello…”… this is not The Ring I was expecting… Counting continues and… I am still waiting!!

Mena Mostafa

1 comment:

Fady Sedrak said...

"Should I call her? ... Is it a the right time to call? ... Maybe this isn't the news she is waiting for ... I will wait till I am sure ... No, I will call her now anyway ... I dialing her number ... No, I will wait till she calls ... It has been 3 days now ... It is not the right time yet." Maybe this what happened on the other side.

Maybe you are still "Waiting...". Time is too long for the those who wait. If you wait for the right time you, you might never do much of anything. The time will never be right.

Trapped!

I feel trapped and lonely. Lonely inside myself, like it’s never ending. I know that nothing is forever lasting, this gives hope to my mind...