Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Freedom


It usually starts by walking normally on the ground… then gradually, I find myself flying… just me and the sky and everything else becomes of no value as I can no more notice any of them… I keep flying till I wake up… and I really hate this moment…. it’s when I realize that I was dreaming… but the good thing is that this dream keeps repeating itself night after night… I wish that in any of these nights I don’t wake up again… This is where I want to be… this is where I feel free… I see nothing but what I want to see… the sky… the birds… the clouds and some green and blue areas far away with some small shining lights… I can take a complete tour around the globe in no time… I race birds… jumping from one cloud to another approaching the moon and the stars… I laugh with the wind… I melt myself with rain drops… and I feel the Freedom I seek and miss in my conscious life… No more chains… no more burdens… only my own sky… and my own me.

Mena Mostafa

5 comments:

Mohamed Al-Khazendar said...

Mena, Wake up, you would be late for the school

hOSAM said...

it is not your sky

Piano whispers said...

Hi Mena..

i really like your blog (cant find any better words for now to discribe anything so i will just keep it simple)..!

i read most of your writtings, usualy i dont leave a comment unless i have something to say, but this time its not about the post its about two titles of yours are the same as mine (well com'on so what!)..

well they are in the same order too.. lost then followed by freedom, even though the contexts are different, but it made me wonder, just a question popped in my head.

do we find our freedom after being lost?..
or do we have to lose something/someone so we break free from everything?..

just wondering!

Mena M. Eissa said...

Hello piano whispers,

I was surprised by your comment so I gave myself the chance to read some of your blogs before publishing your comment and before replying to it.

What surprises me more is that we have a very common way of thinking, feeling and writing too!

I think that we spend a lot of time looking for freedom, and we never know its real meaning until we "free" ourselves first... I didn't try to think about the link between being lost then free before, because I usually write about how I feel without analyzing these feelings... but I think that somehow we have to lose or to be lost to start realizing where we stand and then decide whether we're free or not.

By the way your "We & Me" reminds me of my "Common Ground" :)

Welcome to "The Planet Inside" and I wish we can be friends.

Piano whispers said...

Mena,

i'll be so honored to be your friend.

yes i realized that too, we have a close way of thinking, which i find amazing even though our ideas could be the same but the way each expresses it brings out a different dishs even though materals are the same. thats whats called creativity. i think its brilliant. and it encourages me to write more for a question that i always asked myself (why would i write about something or an opinion that someone had before).

i think i am learning now a good leasson about being original. we dont have to come up with a virign thought so it would be original or worth writting.

Trapped!

I feel trapped and lonely. Lonely inside myself, like it’s never ending. I know that nothing is forever lasting, this gives hope to my mind...